Nowadays, digital technology has become an integral part of our lives, ensuring that education is considered a basic human right. To enhance inclusion and to remove barriers, digital technologies must be utilized to assist people with disabilities.
DIGITABLE offers a free online training course for educators who want to develop innovative learning approaches to maximize engagement in online learning, especially by making it inclusive. It consists of 3 parts as follows: Synchronous online training, asynchronous online training and the development of pilot course.
Register for the training course if you want to
- improve your digital skills, knowledge and ability to use specific methodological tools and approaches for distance learning, with a particular focus on designing online courses that are dynamic, interactive, engaging and inclusive
- modify your online classes so that they are more accessible and inclusive especially for people with sensory disabilities (visual and hearing)
- gain confidence in the use of digital tools useful for developing and implementing learner-centered instruction and interaction within the classroom group
- learn to implement inclusive tools and methods with hands-on activities
- contibute to equality of online education for people with sensory disabilities.
During the synchronous training you will
- Discover more about the key factors of digital transformation
- Learn how to adapt your own skills and mindset to the new training context
- Increase your knowledge and skills about IT tools accessibility
- Develop teaching methods to facilite participation in the online classroom
- Learn how to adapt exting tools to inclusive training methods
The asynchronous training will provide you with
- Interactive in-depth materials
- Examples of best practices
In the pilot course, you will get a chance to be in a group of educators and learn by doing. Together with your group, you will design and teach a 2-hour lesson directed to mixed classes, formed by people with and without sensory disabilities.
Technical equipment required: Computer with camera, microphone and reliable internet.
Dates: September 2023 – February 2024
If you would like to enhance your practical tools and make the most of the potential of inclusive digital training, please fill out the form by August 31st!